Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Recent Sell - Golar LNG Ltd. (GLNG)



13 June 2014 I Sold 75 shares of GLNG at $51.35 per share minus commission.


Golar LNG Limited, a midstream liquefied natural gas (LNG) company, is engaged in the transportation, regasification and liquefaction, and trading of LNG. The company operates in two segments, Vessel Operations and Commodity Trading. It is involved in the acquisition, ownership, operation, and chartering of LNG carriers and floating storage regasification units (FSRU); and the development of LNG projects. The company owns and operates a fleet of seven LNG carriers. As of December 31, 2013, it operated Golar LNG Partner LP's fleet of eight LNG carriers and FSRUs. Golar LNG Limited was founded in 1946 and is headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda.


The price of GLNG has increased rapidly in recent times. During my ownership it has grown by 43%. In my opinion, its share in my portfolio grew too high. This was the main reason to sell 25% of the GLNG.



Transaction details:


27th November 2013 I Bought 150 shares of GLNG at $35.91 per share plus commission $20.36.
I collected the dividends twice, the third dividend payment should come to the end of June.
My income will be $1,127.53 plus three dividend payments $101.25, after the payment of taxes my net income is $864.70. (Capital income tax 30%, Dividend income tax 25.5%)
I'm still holding those rest 75 shares of GLNG and another 150, which I bought on July 2013 in my portfolio.

My last sell 75 shares of GLNG decreases €18.49 ($25.14) of expected annual dividend net income, which decreases my portfolio projected annual dividend net income to €6938. 91.

Click here to see my portfolio.

Disclosure:  Long GLNG

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a nice trade. Although I usually hold my dividend stocks, I also agree on trimming positions if they grow up nicely, but only if I hold more shares (like 500 or more).

    ReplyDelete