Thursday, May 22, 2014

Recent Buy; American Realty Capital Properties, Inc. (ARCP)

Today on 22 May, 2014 I Bought 325 shares of ARCP at $12.33 per share plus commission.



American Realty Capital Properties, Inc., incorporated on December 2, 2010, is a real estate investment trust (REIT). The Company owns and acquires single-tenant, freestanding commercial real estate primarily subject to medium-term net leases with credit quality tenants. The Company is externally managed by ARC Properties Advisors, LLC. In February 2013, it announced the closing of the transaction to acquire American Realty Capital Trust III, Inc. In March 2013, it announced that it purchased a TD Bank office building in Falmouth, Maine. In April 2013, it closed lease acquisitions, including nine properties located in four states plus Puerto Rico with approximately 200,000 total rentable square feet. In May 2014, the Company acquired Cole Credit Property Trust Inc.

As of December 31, 2012, rental revenues derived from investment grade tenants. As of December 31, 2012, the Company owned 146 properties, which consists of 2.4 million square feet and located in 26 states, excluding one vacant property classified as held for sale. The Company is holder of 95.9% of the interest in the ARC Properties Operating Partnership, L.P.
 


At a couple of past days ARCP’s share price has been under pressure and it is now trading near 52 weeks low. Scott J. Bowman, a director of American Realty Capital Properties, recently acquired 10,000 shares of the company. The buys took place at $12.27 per share, on May 21, 2014. Bowman now owns 95,372 shares of the company. Click (here) to see latest insider transactions.
 
ARCP has now paid growing dividends three year a row. At this moment it pays monthly dividends of $0.083 per share.

Some ratings for ARCP:

    Yahoo:   Mean Recommendation 2.6, 1y Target Est $16.20
    Reuters: Mean Rating 2.57
    Finviz:     Recom 2.3

This was my second REIT purchase, last year November I purchased some shares of DLR. This acquisition increased the REIT's share of my portfolio about to 6%.

My last purchase 325 shares of ARCP increase €177.38 ($241.15) of expected annual dividend net income, which increases my portfolio projected annual dividend net income to €7154.76. With purchase price $12.33 plus commission my starting yield on cost is 8.10%.

Full Disclosure: Long ARCP

Click here to see my portfolio.


 

20 comments:

  1. DH,

    I have been buying ARCP the last few weeks in the $12.85 range. I hope ARCP will rebound in price, like DLR and more importantly continue growing its dividends.

    MDP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MDP
      Price rebound isn't so important for me, but as you say, hopefully ARCP will continue paying growing dividends.

      DH

      Delete
  2. Many people skip on REITS but iI think they are solid. Yes you trade growth for yield but its quite stable with their monthly divs. REITs with solid big corporate tenants are as steady as they come. As long as you re invest their high yields the compounding affect of them really pay off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi AG
      I do not see any reason why the REIT's do not fit into a diversified portfolio of dividend. The dividend growth rate might be lower, but in theory, should also be fairly stable, compared to, for example, cyclical companies.

      DH

      Delete
  3. like the buy. I also like the link insider transaction. I saved it to my fav. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi FFd
      I also like the buy :)
      Thanks for stopping by!
      DH

      Delete
  4. DH - I like the buy...We also bought some shares of ARCP this week on the latest dip. The monthly dividend payouts are great as I am able to immediately put the money back into another company each and every month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi FFJ
      In recent days and weeks, several bloggers that I follow, have acquired the ARCP, perhaps the dividend yield is too attractive!
      DH

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the post Hawk. There have been several insider buys in the past month. I am looking into the situation myself, but it appears that investors are upset ARCP will likely issue new stock in order to purchase the Red Lobster locations they are buying. They also spun off their shopping plaza business. I need to look further into these thing before investing......but it looks like a good situation.
    -Bryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bryan
      Indeed, it seems that investors are not happy with recent events and news, a rather high probability the price will still go down somewhat. However, my purpose is to keep the ARCP portfolio for a long time, so the potential drop in the price are not concerned about me. Time will show whether this is the right time to buy ARCP or not.
      DH

      Delete
  6. Nice analysis DH. I already own Realty Income (O) and would like to expand my REIT holdings. I'll have to look into ARCP. Seems like a similar company with the single tenant model. Cool that you mentioned Falmouth, Maine; that town is about a 45 minute drive from where I grew up.

    Best wishes,
    SFZ

    ReplyDelete
  7. ARCP is on my list as well, will likely be buying soon as the price dip looks like an opportunity to me. Like the idea of a monthly dividend too. Thanks for the analysis DH!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also have a position in ARCP. I am hoping they continue to increase their dividend payout. Good choice sir!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also bought ARCP in recent weakness. Planning to keep iT for 30+ years. I am also Holding O and HCP, love the monthly dividends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello all,
    I also like the buy. Nice analysis are consider by you in this post. I would be say to thanks for sharing this awesome site. I hope this is also have been growing. I want come back in this site for read the more information. keep it up for the great work.
    thanks
    for more information you can visit this site:

    http://bestsouthernmainehomes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. DH,
    I also bought some shares last week. All in all the dividend is safe by my research, and an 8% yield is very good.
    -RBD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi RBD
      Good to hear, that you think the dividend is safe, cause that's the first important thing.
      Thanks for stopping by!
      DH

      Delete
  12. We have to keep our minds open when it comes to our Property Investment Mackay. Focus on the important things to ensure that our goals is met. We have to keep up and stay focused for us to ensure our success in this kind of business.

    http://www.positivepropertyinvestments.com.au/properties/property-investment-mackay/

    ReplyDelete
  13. . This is really inspiring :) Thanks for being such an inspiration in fueling my passion for Real Estate Trades!

    Free listning of Real Estate

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful collection......Nice post Dude keep it up.
    I have appreciate with getting lot of good and reliable and legislative information with your post......
    home loans hobart
    home loans tasmania

    ReplyDelete