Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Dividend Increase – Scotiabank (BNS)


Today the Board of Directors of Scotiabank announced a quarterly dividend increase of from CA$ 0.74 to CA$ 0.76 per share that’s payable April 26, 2017 to holders of record April 4, 2017. This represents a 5.56 % increase over the second quarter 2016 dividend of CA$ 0.72 per share and a 2.70 % increase over for the fourth quarter 2016 of CA$ 0.74 per share. With current price CA$ 79.25 (yesterday's close), this raise brings their dividend yield to 3.84 %. 

Since I own 155 shares of BNS, this will increase my portfolio's projected annual net dividend income by CA$ 9.24.

That increase rises my YOC to 4.82 %.

Click here to see my portfolio holdings.

You can follow the development of my dividends here.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. The Canadian banks keep delivering. Always nice to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see. The share is taking a little hit today but it has had an amazing run lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Canadian banks. RY also just decided to increase the payments and I expect TD will follow Wednesday. You've got to love them.

    Nice amount of shared you have. Great job!

    ReplyDelete