Friday, August 21, 2015

Dividend Increase – Altria Group, Inc. (MO)


Today the Board of Directors of Altria Group Inc. announced a quarterly dividend increase of from $0.52 to $0.565 per share that’s payable October 9, 2015 to holders of record September 15, 2015. This represents a 8.7% increase to regular quarterly dividends. Altria has increased its dividend 49 times in the past 46 years. The new annualized dividend rate is $2.26 per common share, representing a yield of 4.1% based on Altria’s closing stock price of $54.73 on August 20, 2015.


Since I own 175 shares, this will increase my portfolio's projected annual net dividend income by $23.46.

That increase rises my YOC to 6.71%.

Click here to see my portfolio holdings.

You can follow the development of my dividends here.

3 comments:

  1. At least some good news for shareholders on this brutal week for stocks ;-)

    DGI

    ReplyDelete
  2. We own PM and not Altria but always love to hear that someone out there in the DGI community is getting another raise!

    Cheering to dividend raises. AFFJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was not expecting a 9% raise from MO but I'll gladly take it. :-)
    The markets beat us all up this week so this is welcome news.

    ReplyDelete