Friday, January 23, 2015

Recent Buy - Royal Bank of Canada (NYSE:RY, TSE:RY)




Yesterday on 22nd January I added 25 shares of Royal Bank of Canada (RY) at CA$74.79 per share plus commission (CA$5.00). With current quarterly dividend (CA$0.75), my last purchase 25 shares of RY increases €39.90 (CA$55.88) of expected annual dividend net income. My overall cost basis of this position decreases from CA$80.86 to CA$78.19 per share. I totally hold now 55 shares of RY and my yield on cost is 3.84%. You can look at my first purchase of RY here.

I had a limit bid within and RY's news to acquire National City Corporation decreased its share price. The market doesn't seem to be very happy with it.

This purchase increases my projected annual net dividend income approximately to € 8500. 00.

You can read Roadmap2Retire's analysis of the Royal Bank of Canada here.

Click here to see my portfolio.

Full Disclosure: Long RY

2 comments:

  1. Good buy here, DH. I am considering initiating a position in RY. The deal looks like it will be good in the long run, albeit coming at a bit of shareholder dilution.

    R2R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the purchase DividendHawk. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete