Welcome and thanks for reading! In this review, I will gather together important and interesting news and events over the last week related to my portfolio holdings. In my week review, I put also together some interesting articles from other websites that caught my attention during the past week.
Dividends from My Portfolio Holdings:
- On April 22 I received a dividend of € 983.40 from Fortum Corporation.
- On April 24 I received a dividend of € 491.70 from UPM-Kymmene Corporation.
- On April 25 I received a dividend of € 28.44 from Kraft Foods Group Inc.
Dividend income reported after the deduction of taxes. I have also updated my Monthly Dividend sheet.
News from My Portfolio Holdings:
AT&T: First Quarter 2014 Results April 22, 2014. (Morehere)
- $0.70 diluted EPS compared to $0.67 diluted EPS in the year-ago quarter. Excluding significant items, EPS was up 10.9 percent, $0.71 versus $0.64
- First-quarter consolidated revenues of $32.5 billion, up 3.6 percent or more than $1 billion versus the year-earlier period, the company’s strongest growth in more than two year Outlook raised for full-year revenue growth, now expected to be 4 percent or greater
- Strong cash from operations of $8.8 billion with $3.0 billion in free cash flow
- More than 2 million new wireless and wireline high speed broadband connections added in the first quarter
TeliaSonera: First Quarter 2014 Results April 23, 2014. (More here)
- Net sales in local currencies, excluding acquisitions and disposals, decreased 1.8 percent. In reported currency, net sales decreased 2.5 percent to SEK 23,972 million (24,582).
- The addressable cost base in local currencies, excluding acquisitions and dispos-als, increased 0.1 percent. In reported currency, the addressable cost base de-creased 0.3 percent to SEK 7,010 million (7,029).
- EBITDA, excluding non-recurring items, was unchanged in local currencies, ex-cluding acquisitions and disposals. In reported currency, EBITDA, excluding non-recurring items, decreased 1.9 percent to SEK 8,345 million (8,509). The EBITDA margin, excluding non-recurring items, improved to 34.8 percent (34.6).
- Operating income, excluding non-recurring items, decreased 5.2 percent to SEK 6,286 million (6,628).
- Net income attributable to owners of the parent company decreased 4.0 percent to SEK 3,945 million (4,108).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.91 (0.95).
- Free cash flow increased to SEK 2,556 million (2,414).
- Group outlook for 2014 is unchanged.
Altria Group Inc: First Quarter 2014 Results April 23, 2014. (More here)
- Altria’s 2014 first-quarter reported diluted earnings per share (EPS) decreased 14.5% to $0.59, as comparisons were affected by special items.
- Altria’s 2014 first-quarter adjusted diluted EPS, which excludes the impact of special items, increased 5.6% to $0.57.
- Altria revises its 2014 full-year reported diluted EPS guidance from a range of $2.51 to $2.58 to a range of $2.53 to $2.60.
- Altria reaffirms its 2014 full-year adjusted diluted EPS guidance to be in a range of $2.52 to $2.59, representing a growth rate of 6% to 9% from an adjusted diluted EPS base of $2.38 in 2013.
TAL International Group, Inc.: First Quarter 2014 Results April 23, 2014. (More here)
- TAL reported adjusted pre-tax income of $1.41 per fully diluted common share for the first quarter of 2014, a decrease of 13.5% from the first quarter of 2013.
- TAL reported leasing revenues of $144.3 million for the first quarter of 2014, an increase of 5.2% from the first quarter of 2013.
- TAL continues to operate at near peak utilization. Utilization averaged 97.1% for the first quarter of 2014.
- TAL has purchased over $250 million in new and sale-leaseback containers for delivery in 2014.
- TAL announced a quarterly dividend of $0.72 per share payable on June 24, 2014 to shareholders of record as of June 3, 2014.
Pfizer: Annual General Meeting April 24, 2014. (More here)
- The board of directors of Pfizer Inc. today declared a 26-cent second-quarter 2014 dividend on the company’s common stock, payable June 3, 2014, to shareholders of record at the close of business on May 9, 2014. The second-quarter 2014 cash dividend will be the 302nd consecutive quarterly dividend paid by Pfizer.
- “We returned almost $23 billion to shareholders in 2013 through dividends and share repurchases,” said Ian Read, chairman and chief executive officer. “In 2014, we are continuing to take actions to increase shareholder value, including our dividend increase announced in December 2013 and our continued share- repurchase activity.”
Gjensidige Forsikring ASA: Annual General Meeting April 24, 2014. (More here)
- The General Meeting approved the Board’s proposal to distribute a dividend for 2013 of NOK 12.80 per share.
- The dividend will be paid on 7 May 2014 to shareholders as of 24 April 2014.
NesteOil Corporation: First Quarter 2014 Results April 25, 2014. (More here)
- Comparable operating profit totaled EUR 55 million (Q1/2013: EUR 135 million)
- Total refining margin was USD 8.44/bbl (Q1/2013: USD 11.54/bbl)
- Renewable Fuels' reference margin was USD 206/ton (Q1/2013: USD 365/ton
- Renewable Fuels' additional margin was USD 146/ton (Q1/2013: USD 66/ton
- Net cash from operations totaled EUR -178 million (Q1/2013: EUR -105 million)
- Return on average capital employed (ROACE) was 10.7% (2013: 11.8%)
- Leverage ratio was 34.2% as of the end of March (31.12.2013: 30.0%)
TELE2 AB: First Quarter 2014 Results April 25, 2014. (Morehere)
- Net customer intake amounted to 3,000 (211,000) in Q1 2014. The customer intake in mobile services amounted to 68,000 (313,000).
- Net sales in Q1 2014 amounted to SEK 7,108 (7,298) million.
- EBITDA in Q1 2014 amounted to SEK 1,381 (1,488) million, equivalent to an EBITDA margin of 19 (20) percent.
- EBIT in Q1 2014 amounted to SEK 612 (668) million excluding oneoff items.
- Profit before tax in Q1 2014 amounted to SEK 712 (553) million.
- Net profit in Q1 2014 amounted to SEK 475 (353) million.
- Cash flow after CAPEX in Q1 2014 amounted to SEK -555 (-1,293, excluding Russia) million mainly due to negative movement in working capital and mobile network roll-outs in Sweden, the Netherlands, Norway and Kazakhstan.
- CAPEX in Q1 2014 amounted to SEK 963 (2,123) million, driven principally by further network expansion in Sweden, the Netherlands, Norway and Kazakhstan.
- Net debt amounted to SEK 7,691 (16,471) million on March 31, 2014, or 1.31 times 12-month rolling EBITDA.
- Earnings per share, after dilution (SEK) 1.06 (0.79)
Articles that caught my attention:
- Alternatives to some pricy monthly income funds by My Own Advisor
- What Do I Think Will Happen With Stocks When They Stop Quantitative Easing? by Dividend Growth Stock Investing
- How To Manage Your Dividend Portfolio by Dividend Growth Investor (Seeking Alpha)
- Retired? How To Create A Strong Foundation Of Valuation Under Your Portfolio: Part 2 by Chuck Carnevale (Seeking Alpha)
- Apple: A Dividend Grower? by Roadmap2Retire (Seeking Alpha)
- What Is 'Quality' In A Stock? by David Van Knapp (Seeking Alpha)
I wish everyone a nice next week.